Ever thought of why put bags over car mirrors when traveling alone? Don’t you hate it when you’re traveling alone and can’t see? To protect the car mirrors from theft, you put bags over the mirror whenever you park the car. They help you to drive safely and make car mirrors more visible while driving!
Here are 6 reasons to cover your side mirrors when going anywhere, how to do it and the amazing advantages of having a bag over the car mirror for traveling alone.
So make your next trip a successful one and cover the side mirrors before driving solo!
Table of Contents
Why Are There Plastic Bags In Car Windows?
These are some of the most common reasons people put plastic bags over their car windows when traveling alone.
One of the biggest logical reasons why people put bags over their car rearview mirrors is for safety purposes. In an emergency situation where a person needs help quickly, one of these bags can make it easier for them to escape from danger or get away from someone who is trying to hurt them.
Another reason why people put bags over their car windows when traveling alone is so that they can keep valuables safe and hide objects from thieves. This also prevents from car break ins or other people who might want to get in.
Why Put Bags On Car Mirrors When Traveling Alone?
Here are 7 reasons why you should put bags on car mirrors:
- It keeps other drivers safe.
- It keeps you safe!
- It improves your visibility of the side mirror when driving at night or in low light conditions and block incoming light.
- It can help prevent collisions between cars or pedestrians.
- It keeps the car clean, so you can see out of it.
- It keeps your side mirror from fogging up, which is an annoyance and a safety hazard.
- You don’t have to worry about people trying to steal your stuff from under the rear-side mirror when they see it.
Reasons Why This Is A Good Idea
The best way to get a good night’s sleep on the road is to put your bag over your car mirror. Here are six reasons why this is a good idea.
- You’ll be able to see if a person has been following you.
- It will help keep you safe from road debris, like rocks or glass shards thrown up by passing vehicles.
- The extra visibility will help you avoid accidents and minimize injuries if something should happen while driving.
- It will give you a clear view mirror of the road when approaching intersections and curves, so that you don’t rely too heavily on other drivers or pedestrians for guidance.
- It will make it easier for you to monitor weather conditions from the side mirror, such as strong winds that might blow off your cap or hat or rain that could ruin your clothes.
- One of the main reasons is that it can make you much more aware of what’s happening around you when driving—and this will help keep you safe!
What Should I Put On My Car Mirror?
You’ve got a few options. First, you can use a paper towel on the side mirror. If you want to add more privacy, try using a piece of tape similarly.
You can also try using plastic bags that are sold at the grocery store to keep fruit fresh for longer. If you want to go even more extreme, try putting an opaque scarf on your car mirror.
A lot of people use a white cloth to cover their car side mirrors to protect from harmful UV rays, but this is not the best way to do protect from sun’s rays. You should use a microfiber towel or a microfiber cloth instead.
What Are The Different Types Of Car Mirrors?
Different types of vehicle mirrors exist.
A rear window mirror is a small, adjustable gadget usually attached to the back seat of a vehicle. You can easily tell the difference in the road.
Another kind are the side mirrors. This rearview mirror is typically smaller in size and is usually placed on an outside wall. It lets you see what lies ahead of you on your way.
Other types of side mirrors in cars have traditionally formed shape. This type is referred to as smart mirrors. They can be found inside car interiors or inside the vehicle’s dashboard. You can purchase them from the online advertisements shown across the web.
The Convenience Of Having A Plastic Bag Over The Car Mirror When Traveling Alone
If you’re traveling alone, try putting plastic bags over your side and rearview mirrors. This will serve as a visual cue to others that you are driving alone. But when you’re traveling alone or even with other people, keeping ziplock bags with you is always a good idea.
The glass with ziplock bags can decrease the brightness of an automobile by placing it under the window and this helps protect valuable goods from being seen from inside.
When driving at night, it can be used to protect glass cleaner road light sources in vehicles that would otherwise be absorbed by drivers in an otherwise dark vehicle or distracted them while driving without the ziplock bag.
Disadvantages Placing Plastic Bags Over Car Mirrors When Traveling Alone
Though covering mirrors have its merits, there are some disadvantages of putting plastic bag over the car mirror when traveling alone.
Here are just a few of the potential consequences of putting Ziplock bag:
- Ziplock bags can be uncomfortable to have someone behind you while driving, especially if they’re not used to it.
- Putting a plastic bag on your car mirrors can also make it difficult for more than one person behind you to see out of their own windows properly (which could be dangerous).
- It may be uncomfortable to take the plastic bag out of the mirror at the time of the trip. Although it is generally fairly minor, such thinking is relatively less than dealing with broken glass or other cleaning solutions than ziplock bags.
- Having plastic bag hanging over car mirrors can also make it harder for other drivers who are following behind you to see how close they need to stay while passing through narrow lanes.
What Are The Use Cases For Car Mirrors?
We’re going to take a look at some of the most common uses for car mirrors, and where you can find them.
- The primary purpose of car mirrors is to allow drivers to check behind their vehicles.
- They are also used as a way to ensure that people are in front of your vehicle before backing up or changing lanes, which is critical if you’re driving a large vehicle or have children in the car.
- Mirrors may also be used to help you see when approaching an intersection, especially if there are no traffic light poles or signs warning about an upcoming packing light.
- You can also use them when pulling into parking spaces, especially if there is not enough room for both vehicles to fit sideways into an opening.
Take The Following Precautions When Driving
Driving is a full-time job that requires a lot of preparation and attention. Here are some tips for driving safely and effectively:
- Get a car with features that help you avoid accidents, like anti-lock brakes, traction control, and an emergency system that stops the car when you brake suddenly.
- Avoid distractions while you’re driving (e.g., texting or talking on the phone or watching online advertisements).
- Keep your eyes on the road at all times while driving—even if you’re stopped at a traffic light or in line at a store!
- Wear your seat belt every time you get in your car, no matter how short your trip may be!
- Do not drink and drive—not even if you’re only going 20 miles away from home!
Car Safety Tips For Traveling Alone In The Car
There are plenty of lengthy slideshow articles out there, but these are the things to look out for:
- Don’t put your purse in the back seat.
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight in case of any criminal intent.
- Use a steering wheel cover.
- Keep your car in good condition.
- Don’t drive at night or in extremely cold weather.
Is It Legit To Put A Ziplock Bag Over A Car Mirror?
Yes, it is a 100% legitimate to put a Ziplock bag over a car mirror. In fact, it’s safer than the mirror itself! Why? Because a regular mirror has glass and could break if you hit it with enough force, but a Ziplock bag has plastic and won’t shatter.
In fact, if you hit the plastic bag hard enough and bounce off (or drop it from high enough up), the ziplock bag could even protect your paint job from scratching by absorbing some of the impacts.
What Does A White Bag On A Car Mean?
White plastic bags on a mirror cover are typically used to indicate that the car is parked, but not abandoned. The ziplock bag can be used to help your customers find their parked cars more easily when they return to them after shopping.
How Do You Travel In A Car With A Mirror?
Most cars generally have mirrors that can be adjusted to fit almost any size person.
There are some exceptions, however—if your mirror is not adjustable, you may have to set up it by turning until it’s parallel to the road. Then slide it downward or upward until it’s at the right height for your face.
Why Should You Always Check Your Mirrors?
Mirrors are an important part of driving. They help you see what’s behind you and in front of you, which helps you stay safe on the road.
What Is The Six-Point Check?
The six-point check is a common term for the process of verifying that all necessary information has been entered into a system or record.
The danger of any car mirrors being obscured, and potentially smashed, can be a real risk when traveling alone, or with young children.
Putting plastic bags over car mirror can be one of the most life-saving tips you’ll ever get if you are traveling alone.
What are your thoughts on the idea of putting plastic bags over car mirrors? Comment down below to share your thoughts on putting ziplock bag on car side mirror!
Asen is the owner and main contributor of Camper Life. He is a full-time RV traveler since 2018. He loves camping in nature, fishing, and spending time with his family.
Striving to provide the most valuable information about campers and RVs, he shares everything he learned over the years.
That’s why Camper Life is one of the best sources to find information about RV traveling and living.