Airxcel thermostat troubleshooting might be the way to go if your device is not turning on after a while. This article will examine four common issues regarding why your thermostat may fail. And also easy and effective advice for the remedy to these problems. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
Definition of Airxcel Thermostats and Their Uses
Most RVs still use analog thermostats. However, switching to a digital one for more precise temperature regulation and a more streamlined design it’s a good idea. If you decide to resell your RV, you are more likely to get a better value if it has a digital thermostat.
What Is Airxcel Thermostat?
Airxcel is a top choice regarding RV air conditioning, heating devices, and appliances. There are also digital thermostats that work with most major HV and AC systems. The thermostats can be purchased from several places, including:
- Airxcel’s website
But after a while, the Airxcel Thermostat may start malfunctioning. Let’s examine some of the causes of its potential malfunctions.
Reasons Why Your Airxcel Thermostat May Be Malfunctioning
Just like any other installed device, Airxcel may experience malfunctions. Something about waking up in the morning to a chilly rig is genuinely not appreciated.
A thermostat’s system may malfunction for several reasons, and there are simple solutions to a broken Airxcel thermostat. First, double-check the following details before you determine what to do.
1. Defective Wiring
Defective wiring is responsible when the screen turns dark with no backlight. To access the six cables of varying colors that run from the electrical board through the wall:
- Pull the gadget from the wall.
- Examine its backside.
It’s common for lines to be improperly attached or connected to the circuits. If that’s the case, reconnect the cables. If there are no results after that, and you’re confident the issue is with the wiring, the fault is likely inside the wall. You’ll need to do next:
- Pull the wires.
- Replace the wires, as the hole they pass is relatively tiny.
Note: If the need arises, you should contact the electrician so that he can reinstall the wires.
New Thermostat Not a Part of the App
Use your smartphone or another device to manage a recently installed digital thermostat from the original website.
- You’ll need to pair it with the RV Weather app.
- Your thermostat might not activate or function in the app because it hasn’t been added.
- It works similarly to Bluetooth in that you need authentication to access one system from another.
Where can you get it?
You can find RV Climate in the browser App Store or Google Play and use it to connect your thermostat. Proceed by following the steps below:
- Start the application and go to “add new thermostat” after installing it
- To get the pairing option, press simultaneously and hold the up and down keys
- Return to the application and choose “pair new thermostat.” You can control it remotely
2. The Thermostat Is Still Asleep
Your Airxcel thermostat may suddenly shut down because:
- It is still asleep
- You may also accidentally touch the mode button after pressing the Up or Down keys
However, the problem might be with the sensors. The sensors beneath the keys may not respond to touch. This is common in old thermostats.
3. A Fuse That Is Blown and Tripped Circuit Breaker
A circuit breaker tripping may be why the thermostat is not receiving power. In such a case, you should consider the following:
- Turning the breaker off for about five seconds before turning it back on will reset and reinstall the connections.
- Inspecting the electrical system for a potential power failure to prevent the reoccurrence of the same issue again.
- Taking care of those potential issues lessens the likelihood of its failures.
Nevertheless, you should be prepared for anything. This video will guide you through.
What is next after the malfunctioning of a device? Let us look at the thermostat troubleshooting steps you should take in case of device malfunction.
Troubleshooting Steps You Should Take Upon Airxcel Malfunction
In case your screen turns blank or the thermostat malfunctions, there are a few troubleshooting steps you ought to be familiar with. The steps include the following:
1. Problem With Car’s Heater Thermostat
The thermostat not working correctly is these gadgets’ most frequently reported problem. It is highly recommended that you take your time and adequately follow the troubleshooting procedures.
2. Set the Temperature to Your Liking
The temperature should be set according to the season.
3. The Vents Are Not Discharging Air
Another problem with your Airxcel Thermostat might be that even though the device seems to operate normally, no warm air flows from the vents. This might be because the vents could be clogged.
4. Replacing the Battery for Your Thermostat
Changing out the thermostat’s battery should fix the battery-related problems. If the issue persists, examine the wiring for any problems.
5. Get Some Air Into The Thermostat
There are mechanical thermostats incorporated in older RV models. A little handle on the thermostat mainly controls the interior temperature of the RV. Most of these devices experience issues due to dust accumulation.
6. Modify The Temperature Predictor
The ‘heat anticipator’ in a mechanical thermostat is an electrical resistor. It plays a crucial part in determining the optimal weather for the space. The furnace is turned on or off when the optimum conditions are almost reached.
The heat anticipator activates or deactivates the heating system before reaching the set temperature.
7. Make Sure the Electricity and Wires Are Working
If the thermostat is acting up, check for any power interruptions. An issue with the battery will manifest as a blank display on the screen. If it runs on batteries, replacing the battery should fix the problem.
8. Get Rid of the Grime and Rust
The thermostat’s insides may start to get grimy over time.
9. Temperature Control Must Be Adjusted
Once electronic equipment stops functioning, it requires a reset. A digital thermostat can be made operational again by simply resetting it.
The gadget is responsible for communicating with the heating and cooling unit of the AC. A power interruption could cause it to be suddenly shut, disrupting the service of your RV.
RV Thermostat Replacement Instructions
If you have discovered that your gadget in the RV is malfunctioning, you will need to replace it, and here’s how to do it:
- Disconnect the thermostat power source
- If you need to remove your thermostat from the wall, consult the instructions in the manual, and remember to store the screws well as you might need them.
- Take the new thermostat out of its box.
- After installing the mounting bracket, the unplugged wires should be attached to the new thermostat as per the manual.
- Restart your device and see how the new setup works out.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your RV Thermostat
A programmable thermostat is an excellent investment, even if your current model has never given you some common problems. You can get a good, comfortable recreational vehicle for a bit of money.
Other benefits that come with upgrading your RV thermostat include the following:
- Keeps your weather schedule for a more extended period
- You get to receive more accurate climate predictions
- You can customize the temperature settings according to the season.
If you are looking for an upgrade, consider Google Nest Learning Thermostat. It’s a digital version with remote control and also supports Alexa integration.
How Do I Troubleshoot My Thermostat Not Working?
There are four steps to troubleshooting your thermostat that is not working. The first thing to do is to reset the thermostat’s settings. You should remove debris and corrosion, check the power supply and wiring, and modify the temperature detector.
Where Is The Fuse on an Airxcel Thermostat?
The fuse of an Airxcel thermostat is located at the bottom of the thermostat, and you can change it if needed. It’s a compact transparent cylinder with metal sides and a central filament. The thermostat functions best with a 1 amp, 12-volt direct current control circuit.
How to Change an Airxcel Thermostat From Celsius to Fahrenheit?
Hold the mode button for five seconds to change an Airxcel thermostat from Celsius to Fahrenheit. The thermostat has three buttons, the UP button to turn on the thermostat and raise the temperature, the DOWN button to turn on the control and lower the temperature, and the MODE button to turn on the thermostat and switch the mode.
What Is the Function of Thermostat in AC?
The thermostat’s function in AC is to keep the environment at an appropriate degree by automatically turning on and off the heating and cooling unit or adjusting the fluid volume to transmit heat. It shows the current temperature but lets you customize it, preventing ACs from shutting down.
How Do I Operate My Thermostat?
To operate your thermostat, turn it on by tapping the screen. Using the mode key, set up cool or heat options. Learn the different settings, turn on the fan, and set the air conditioner and heat.
Airxcel thermostat regulates your RV HVAC system and helps you conserve energy by ensuring that your heating systems, like a furnace, use only the power needed. So, it’s essential to know the Airxcel thermostat troubleshooting tips.
What problems have you encountered with the Airxcel thermostat? Feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions for another life-changing tech we should cover in an upcoming post.
I`m a current Law Enforcement Officer working within the Counterterrorism Bureau in New York State. I have been Camping for over 20 years. My styles of camping include tent, car, truck, van, and RV travel trailer. I have a YouTube channel where I teach all types of camping with an entertaining method: https://youtube.com/@TheSmallsRVAdventures