Knowing what the LG inverter AC error code list means can be beneficial. These errors are common in indoor and outdoor units. The most common error codes you will likely encounter include TypeCH01Indoor, LockoutCH03Refrigerant, and High/LowCH05Compressor.
In this guide, I will discuss the LG AC error codes and what they mean and also give you relevant maintenance tips to increase your unit’s lifespan. Let’s dive in and find out more.
Table of Contents
LG AC Error Codes: What Are They?
An LG AC error code is a numeric display that signals a malfunction with the system. The error codes on the control panel indicate various issues like water supply and temperature. Here are some standard error codes and what they mean.
- LE: motor or fan malfunction.
- AE: faulty water supply.
- DE: open or malfunctioned door.
- CE: activate the child lock.
- SE: temperature control malfunction – sensor error.
- FE: temperature control malfunction – freezing error.
- C3: air filter malfunction.
- U1: insufficient power supply.
- I5: internal communication malfunction.
What is the Smart Diagnosis Function?
Smart diagnosis is an innovative feature in LG AC converters that detects errors and automatically alerts users. The solution code appears on the display when there are installation errors or malfunctions. So, how does it work?
- The remote control displays an error code when a problem is encountered.
- The smart diagnosis function uses this error code to narrow down the problem.
- The air conditioner technicians can then use the error code to detect the problem and fix it quickly.
The smart diagnosis function makes it easier to fix issues before you can resume normal operation. This feature improves efficiency and convenience.
LG Inverter AC Error Code List: Full Guide
You are likely to encounter multiple error codes in an LG air conditioner. Let’s look at a summary table with issue codes and their meanings:
LG Inverter AC Error Codes
Are you seeing error codes on your LG inverter AC and you don’t know what they mean? Check out the summary table and find out.
Error code Description
LG AC error code c1/ch1:
Open indoor temperature sensor or closed circuit
LG AC error code c2/ch2:
Open outdoor temperature circuit or closed circuit
LG AC error code c4/ch4:
Open heat sink temperature sensor or closed circuit
LG AC error code c5/ch5:
Communication outdoor and indoor units
LG AC error code c6/ch6:
Excess current at inverter DC power circuit
LG AC error code c7/ch7:
Excess compressor current
LG AC error code c8/ch8:
Indoor fan not rotating
LG AC error code c9/ch9:
Outdoor fan not rotating
LG AC error code ca/ch10:
Faulty discharge thermistor
LG AC error code cc:
LG AC error code cd:
Inverter module error
LG Split AC Error Codes
The LG split air conditioning unit blends style and technology. Let’s look at a summary table showing the unit’s error codes and their description.
Error code Description
LG AC error code po:
System in power mode ( not a fault )
LG AC error code lo:
System in test mode ( not a fault )
LG AC error code ch 01:
Open circuit in the indoor air thermistor
LG AC error code ch 02:
Indoor unit coil inlet thermistor
LG AC error code ch 03:
No refrigerant in the unit
LG AC error code ch 04:
Float switch fan
LG AC error code ch 05:
Communication indoor and outdoor
LG AC error code ch 06:
Indoor unit coil outlet thermistor
LG AC error code ch 09:
EEPROM connects on main PCB
LG AC error code ch 10:
Indoor fan motor malfunction
LG AC error code ch 21:
Excess current compressor DC voltage
LG AC error code ch 22:
LG AC error code ch 25:
Incoming power supply to the system
LG AC error code ch 26:
LG AC error code ch 27:
LG AC error code ch 28:
Compressor DC voltage inverter is too high
LG AC error code ch 29:
LG AC error code ch 32:
Inverter compressor discharge temperature exceeds 105 degrees
LG AC error code ch 39:
PCB or Wiring defect
LG AC error code ch 41:
Inverter compressor discharge thermistor fault
LG AC error code ch 44:
Outdoor unit air thermistor
LG AC error code ch 45:
Condenser coil outlet thermistor
LG AC error code ch 46:
Compressor suction thermistor
LG AC error code ch 47:
Faulty inverter compressor discharge thermistor
LG AC error code ch 61:
Outdoor unit condenser coil temperature exceeds 65 degrees
LG AC error code ch 62:
Outdoor unit inverter heat-sink thermistor
LG AC error code ch 65:
Inverter PCB heat sink sensor
LG AC error code ch 67:
Outdoor fan monitor
LG AC error code ch 73:
Other LG Error Codes and their Description
Let’s look at some additional LG error codes and what they mean.
Error code Description
LG AC error code F2 or F3:
The Air Conditioner is in fan mode and the set fan speed is the shown number
LG AC error code FL:
Full water collection tank
LG AC error code F1:
Failed communication between indoor PCB and outdoor PCB
Maintenance Tips for LG Air Conditioner
Carrying out scheduled and regular maintenance can ensure that your AC works efficiently for a longer period. Here are some maintenance tips you can adopt.
- Remove accumulated dust and debris: debris and other foreign materials are lodged on the vents. Cleaning and removing obstacles from the vent is a preventive measure that improves efficiency.
- Regularly clean the air filter: HVAC air filters are the most essential aspect of your AC unit. Ensure they’re clean and remove all debris that might be blocking it. Consult your HVAC technician to know how often the filter needs cleaning.
- Inspect evaporator and condensing coils: you might have a clogged HVAC drain if you don’t service your unit. Carefully clean the condensing coils using a brush to prevent blockages from slime and mold.
- Clean your indoor unit: layers of dust and mold can accumulate on the indoor HVAC unit. This build-up can lead to poor performance and release of a musty smell. You can clean the indoor unit using a moist piece of cloth.
- Schedule annual service: you can schedule annual servicing and maintenance of your AC unit Carried out by a licensed HVAC professional. You will get optimum performance from your unit through regular servicing.
- Inspect the Insulation: the HVAC copper piping is responsible for transporting the cooling agent between the indoor and outdoor units. Ensuring the copper piping is well insulated helps maintain the unit’s thermal efficiency.
Guidelines for Resetting Your LG Inverter Air Conditioner
Resetting your LG inverter Air Conditioner is a simple process. It can be done in three ways.
1. Power Plug Reset
This is the simplest and most commonly used reset method. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the button on the air conditioner power plug.
- Wait for around 10 minutes for your AC to reset.
2. Power Disconnect
You can reset your AC by cutting its power source. Here’s how to do it:
- Unplug the air conditioner from the power source.
- Wait 10 – 15 seconds, then plug the AC power cord into the outlet.
- Press and hold the reset button between 3 – 5 seconds. Check the user manual if you can’t find the reset button.
3. Through the Thermostat
You can reset your AC by restoring the thermostat to its factory settings through the following process:
- Turn off your thermostat.
- Cut the power supply to the AC.
- Turn on the power supply of your unit after about 5 minutes.
- Wait for the AC to power back up, and turn on the thermostat after about a minute.
If your AC is malfunctioning after the above reset methods, seek further assistance by going to an authorized LG service center or calling the number shown on the LG air conditioner website.
What is the ch error code on LG Inverter AC?
The CH error code on an LG inverter AC shows that there is a refrigerant side leak. CH or High side cycle leakage usually means that there is possible refrigerant leakage from the condenser.
What is error code E5 in LG Inverter AC?
Error code E5 shows that the water collection tank is full. You can drain the water collection tank by opening the bottom drain cup and allowing excess water to flow.
What should I do if my LG inverter AC displays an error code?
You should check with the LG list of error codes and confirm what the displayed code means. Try fixing the by looking at the solutions on the list. Contact a technician if the problem persists.
Can I fix all LG inverter AC error codes myself?
No, you cannot fix all LG inverter error codes by yourself. some errors like ch39, and wiring defects require a qualified HVAC technician to deal with it.
Knowing the LG inverter AC error code list can benefit you as a user. An LG air conditioner can malfunction over time, and a system Diagnosis will help you only if you understand the code description. The error code list shows all the possible fault codes and their interpretation.
You can apply this knowledge when dealing with malfunctions. For example, error code ch 10 indicates indoor unit fan motor problems, error code 61 outdoor unit condenser coil overheating, and code FL that the water collection tank is full and needs emptying.
So, what error codes have you encountered? Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
I`m a current Law Enforcement Officer working within the Counterterrorism Bureau in New York State. I have been Camping for over 20 years. My styles of camping include tent, car, truck, van, and RV travel trailer. I have a YouTube channel where I teach all types of camping with an entertaining method: https://youtube.com/@TheSmallsRVAdventures